SailNet Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Thanks Courtney.
3,954 Posts
Hey charlie- remember those extra barns????? YOu could have your own fleet! Interesting this one is sloop rigged with what looks like a MUCH longer boom.

·
On the hard
3,502 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, the boom was longer as was the cockpit on the sloops. It's interesting to see the wheel conversion. She's also frac rigged per stock configuration.

·
Thanks Courtney.
3,954 Posts
Cockpit too? That is interesting. My boat came with a variety of boom lengths and sloop or yawl rigged, but never changed the cockpit design or made any fractional rig options. (some came with single lowers while others came with double lowers) Other than those, only other changes were a couple (2) came with 5 portholes the rest with 4. One boat had the engine mounted about 3 ft further forward than the rest. Kind of interesting some of the modifications manufacturers make.

I'd be a little concerned about the look of that engine.

·
On the hard
3,502 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Oh Joy originally was a frac rigged boat but the original stay became the Staysail (detachable) stay and a masthead stay was added along with the bowsprit. Yeah, that Gray marine junkpile needs to go away. Another difference, beside the wheel, is the use of mahogany for the cockpit seats, mine are teak. The wheel sits on what is the tank access on Oh Joy so I wonder what they did there. That boat has a second Dorade on the aft house roof and the forepeak Dorade is forward of the cleat instead of aft like mine. It has four little winches aft, Oh Joy doesn't and could use them. The Pilot berth and cabinetry is reversed from mine. The galley is WAY different. I think I like my interior better. I just noticed that mine has an extra midships hatch aft of the mast that's missing on that boat.

·
Thanks Courtney.
3,954 Posts
I just noticed that mine has an extra midships hatch aft of the mast that's missing on that boat.

That's what I really want to add to mine.

·
On the hard
3,502 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It brightens up the cabin a lot, when open. Mine's mahogany with a small deck prism so it doesn't make much difference closed. Here's a couple of pics:

·
Handsome devil
3,479 Posts
Hey is that Captian Jody

·
Owner, Green Bay Packers
1,000 Posts
I'd be less than worried about that motor. Gray Marine built good motors and parts are still available.

I think this might be the last boat I'd buy sight unseen! Although there's no telling just how far out of my way I might drive to look at her. (g)

·
Thanks Courtney.
3,954 Posts
I think this might be the last boat I'd buy sight unseen!

What was the first one?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts