SailNet Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have Bene49 2011. I was off the boat for 2 mo to work. Came back and the guages should one 4/4 and one 3/4 full tanks. This morning I awoke to discover they were both empty. The water pump was running, but I can not find an open faucet nor any water in the bilge! Thoughts?

·
Registered
23,888 Posts
Gauges were wrong, or maybe you lost the prime to the pump and the tanks still have water in them?

·
Master Mariner
9,072 Posts
Do you have an automatic bilge pump?

·
Registered
6,690 Posts
Same thing happened to me a few years ago when the hose connection at the freshwater pump fell apart and pumped the entire contents of my 75 gallon tank into the bilge, which triggered the bilge pump and dumped it overboard. Fortunately, there was no damage to anything, and because it was a diaphram pump, there was no damage to the pump as well. Just had to replace the fitting and refill the tank and everything was fine.

Good luck,

Gary

·
Registered
23,888 Posts
nor any water in the bilge!
The OP may have missed it, but I took this at face value that it didn’t leak into the bilge. I suppose the path to the bilge pump could have dried up.

·
Registered
549 Posts
If the water pump was running that suggests that there was something open (or maybe a break in a line) AFTER the pump. I'd check the connections and lines that lead to all the faucets.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Good stuff. Turns out the water runs thru the water heater. The line on the outgoing side popped off. Easy fixed and I learned a few things.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts