SailNet Community banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6,689 Posts
My 3G Lowrance radar system has worked flawlessly until late this evening. All of the sudden, the images that I was viewing disappeared and a 360-degree ring of clutter appeared. I was able to get back to the marina using my HDS-7 GPS alone> I will be in contact with Lowrance first thing Monday morning.

Now, because I was just 6 miles above the big radar dome of Aberdeen Proving Ground I was wondering if they may have been using a radar jamming system, which would really mess up everyone's day. I intend to go back to the boat first thing in the morning to see if that was the case, but I doubt it.

Gary :cool:

·
Registered
6,689 Posts
I went to the boat this morning, checked out everything, and the problem still exists. I'll be on the phone with Lowrance first thing Monday morning.

·
Registered
6,689 Posts
I talked with Lowrance Support this morning, they agree the unit is bad, and I'm sending it back on Thursday. They said they would either fix this one, or just send me a new one - no charge for freight either way, no charges of any kind. Oh, and I wasn't on hold, just went right through to tech support and everything was done in 5 minutes, including an email with all the return instructions and labels. Love it!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts