SailNet Community banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
993 Posts
Hey Ray,

Maybe a totally different discussion and if off base, forgive me... but I converted (from Costco) to LEDs and CFL on 110v. Instead of using their 60w=60w equation, I converted up to a higher wattage and still save money. For example, lets say you have a 60w base. Instead of using their 60w replacement bulb, go up to 75 or 100w. You still save money and it really is a LOT brighter. You can also get the 110v stuff cheap at Costco. A simply inverter fixes 12v-110v issues and in the ned is probably cheaper.

Hope not too off base. Hope you are doing well too. ENjoying some nice weather I hope? It was 51 (high) when I left WA a month or so ago.

Brian

·
Registered
993 Posts
Brian, the sun came out last week. If this keeps up, I may have tan knees before the end of July! I'm going to hold off a little while longer on the LED bulb replacements. At $30 to almost $40 a bulb, it's more than I want to spend to experiment with. Our solar panels keep us in plenty of power for our current boat use anyway. Wish I knew you guys were in our neighborhood a couple of months ago. Both JRD22 and I showed Bilgewater around when he came through on a boat delivery a couple months ago.
My dad is in Olympia now on his Tayana 42. He and I may sail her up to GIg Harbor next week. He is keeping his boat there and cruising your side of the world. Get-together would be great sometime.

Brian

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.