SailNet Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought this used grill and he game me this post with an end of stuff I have know idea how it works. Anyone seen this before? WP_20151108_002.jpg

WP_20151108_004.jpg

·
HANUMAN
2,838 Posts
I think that was some kind of home brew thing . Magma shows nothing like it on their site .
Agreed, some sort of mounting gadget, but not factory.

The other thing is a magma grilling helmet. I wear one when cooking, even indoors, but prefer the full face type.

Operating that remote and mouse whilst grilling off the back of your boat, you might want to throw on a flame proof PFD.

Clumsy is as clumsy does.

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
I think it might work in a rod holder, with a peg in the bottom that usually catches the grove in the bottom of a fishing rod.

You'd twist to grab that peg, then tighten that plastic thing. Maybe they used to make it that way??? but the current rod holder mount is different.

I've got the mount that attaches to a rail. It is designed so that you're probability of dropping the grill overboard is as high as possible, so you'll need to buy another grill unless you've got your dive gear. Good for business.

Our rule is drop the anchor, secure the grill, then open a cold one. Any other sequence maybe hazardous to your grill.

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
I think it might work in a rod holder, with a peg in the bottom that usually catches the grove in the bottom of a fishing rod.

You'd twist to grab that peg, then tighten that plastic thing. Maybe they used to make it that way??? but the current rod holder mount is different.
That would be my guess as well. I've got the current rod holder mount for a power boat and it has the same bend angle as in the OP's photo.

Have to agree about the security of the sailboat mount for my stern pulpit. I use propane, but if you use charcoal and don't tighten that lever, you might find your grill swinging down and dumping hot coals into whatever is underneath. If you don't have the hinged lid, you've just lost the food as well!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts