SailNet Community banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ahoy Sailnet Community! I have been lurking in the background for a couple of years while I acquire knowledge and confidence. I sail the Magothy River mostly in a Gloucester G-22, similar to a Rhodes 22 in that she has a shoal keel and centerboard, with a small cabin. Prior to the G-22, my friend re-started by sailing interest after a 20 year hiatus from a single week of sailing on a lake, by handing me his Sunfish and turning away. Since then I have sailed his Flying Scot, rented several Hobie Cat's and a trimaran, and a Nonesuch 30. I have done several night sails and camped overnight numerous times on the hook.

We sail about 8-9 months per year so, we have another few weeks left until pulling the sails off, and putting her up for sale.

Looking forward to meeting more sailors and my impending up-size from a fantastic 22 footer to whatever fits the bill in the spring. Looking to go from the river as primary, to the Chesapeake Bay and all it has to offer.

Bill
Magothy River, Md

·
Administrator
5,924 Posts
Welcome to SailNet, Bill.

We went the same route, sorta. Kept a 22 footer in a slip in Rock Hall, then moved up to 30. Magothy is our and our dock mates' go to location when we want to anchor out overnight. Quick sail across the bay.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, Donna. Magothy remains a great place, but after four years, my first mate needs more. We did a night at Rock Hall on our way to the star spangled celebration on a Nonesuch 30. Nice place. We will go back in the spring.

Bill

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.