SailNet Community banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I seem to remember this being discussed elsewhere but cannot find it. My 2013 OC45 has what appears to be a Carling PC Series ELCI/GFCI located in my lazerette just after the 50amp inlet plug. I know that this is now a requirement by ABYC.

ABYC regulation E–11.11.1 states:
An Equipment Leakage Circuit Interrupter (ELCI) shall be installed with or in addition to the main shore power disconnect circuit breaker(s) or at the additional overcurrent protection as required by E–11.10.2.8.3 whichever is closer to the shore power connection.

Problem:
My slip neighbor had been complaining of his constantly tripping, but I never had issues, until now. My boat is currently located at the dealer for a few weeks and now has had the tripping fault.
Has anyone else had issues with their ELCI tripping? It's annoying since the refrigeration sucks the batteries dry. Also batteries don't last long if run to dead often, nor do the perishables.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I was at the same marina with a '14 OC 45 Thursday and mine tripped too. Heard there was shore power issues on the dock, including reversed polarity.

I reset and no problems since, including a night at Chesapeake Inn and 2 in Rock Hall.

Good luck.

Sagacity

1 - 2 of 2 Posts