SailNet Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,773 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
It's that time of year again and I hope to see some Sail Netters at the Maine Boat Builders show this year.

Once again I will be working at the Mobile Marine Canvas booth with my buddy Seth. I know I will at least be there on Saturday. Unfortunately Sunday I have prior commitments. I will put my screen name under my real name on my boat show badge so you'll know which guy I am in the booth.

Feel free to stop by and say hello! Oh and let's not forget the eye candy...

Maine Boat Builders Show March 20, 21 & 22 2009 (LINK)

Many of the builders in this photo graphic slide show will be there!

Maine Built Boats (LINK)
Photo courtesy Maine Built Boats

·
Super Moderator
6,773 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Anyone going??

Anyone else going this year??

This is a GREAT show and is unlike the "mass production" boat shows. You will actually see some of the finest craftsmen and builders in the boating industry!

I will be working at the Mobile Marine Canvas booth with my buddy Seth. I will at least be there on Saturday and possibly part of Sunday but that looks doubtful. Unfortunately Sunday I have prior commitments.

I will put my screen name under my real name on my boat show badge so you'll know which guy I am in the booth.

Feel free to stop by and say hello. Oh and let's not forget the eye candy...

Maine Boat Builders Show March 20, 21 & 22 2009 (LINK)

·
Telstar 28
1,000 Posts
I'll be there on Saturday at some point. :)

·
Registered
10 Posts
It's great fun

I live in central Maine and try to get to the show every year. I want yesterday, Friday, and it was as good as ever. If you can get there, you owe yourself the treat. Just ignore the power boats...:)

·
Telstar 28
1,000 Posts
I went on Saturday and picked up a Fein Multimaster kit... Maine Sail is a bad influence.. when I stopped by the Mobile Marine Canvas booth, he had one... and convinced me to get one... :) It's really all his fault... really... the fact that I've wanted to get one for a while and have about a billion projects I can use it on had nothing to do with it...

·
Registered
401 Posts
I went on Saturday and picked up a Fein Multimaster kit... Maine Sail is a bad influence.. when I stopped by the Mobile Marine Canvas booth, he had one... and convinced me to get one... :) It's really all his fault... really... the fact that I've wanted to get one for a while and have about a billion projects I can use it on had nothing to do with it...
Funny... I use the same excuse when I buy a new tool for the boat.... but honey, Maine Sail said I NEED this tool to do the job right ... ;)

·
Telstar 28
1,000 Posts
That just shows what a wise man you are... but I bet the Admiral doesn't buy it one second... ;) You're better off manning up and taking your lumps for it honestly... :D

·
Registered
5,680 Posts
I've eyeballed that unit more than once. Who'd you end up purchasing it from? Jamestown D. usually has decent prices on those, but I've never shopped around much.

·
Telstar 28
1,000 Posts
I bought it from the Walter Tool Company, which is only a few towns away from me here in Massachusetts. They had the Multimaster Top box set with $100 of free accessories for $369. Jamestown distributors has the same kit for $399 without the $100 of accessories... so it was a pretty good deal. The best internet price I've found on it was still $388 or so... and no free accessories.

• MultiMaster Top package includes:
  • 1 FEIN MultiMaster FMM 250 Q
  • 1 sanding pad
  • 5 of each type of sanding sheet, grain 80, 120 and 180
  • 1 universal E-CUT saw blade (29mm)
  • 1 HSS segment saw blade
  • 1 Carbide-tipped segment saw blade
  • 1 rigid stopping knife
  • 1 Profile sanding set
  • 1 dust extraction device
  • 1 sanding pad, perforated
  • 5 of each type of sanding sheet, grain 80, 120 and 180, perforated
  • 1 carbide rasp (triangular), perforated
  • 1 plastic carrying case
I've eyeballed that unit more than once. Who'd you end up purchasing it from? Jamestown D. usually has decent prices on those, but I've never shopped around much.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts