SailNet Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been known to say things like this on these forums in an attempt to keep people away :D :D , but I'm starting to mean it.

This past week: :(

Next week: :( :(

We got out today for about 2 hours before the pea soup rolled in.

I need a vacation from "Vacationland".

Just needed to vent.

·
Registered
5,680 Posts
Ouch!!

I actually prefer cloudy, even occasionally rainy days.

But not that many!!:D

·
Big Chicken Baby
410 Posts
I will gladly take your rain. We are in a drought and have hit 104 yesterday and today and it is only June. This is ridiculous. We are so dry here we have an aerial fireworks ban until at least July 6, so no fireworks on the 4 th. :(

·
Registered
262 Posts
Don't worry, the rain will end and the fog will set in...you just have to hit it right where it's spectacular.

Grew up in Maine

Moe

·
██▓▓▒▒░&
13,645 Posts
Most of the east coast has had "showers likely" or "thurnderstorms likely" for the past month or longer. Yeah, sometimes the wx sx for sailing. So you go out to the boat with a good book and a good bottle, and wake up dry and refreshed the next morning.

:)

·
An Aussie Sailor
122 Posts
drought in Winter

I will gladly take your rain. We are in a drought and have hit 104 yesterday and today and it is only June. This is ridiculous. We are so dry here we have an aerial fireworks ban until at least July 6, so no fireworks on the 4 th. :(

It's winter here and we are in serious drought. It was like a spring day here. Sun was out, I was in short sleeved shirt.

If things don't drastically change it's going to be grim over our summer.

Mychael

1 - 7 of 7 Posts