SailNet Community banner
1 - 20 of 198 Posts

·
Telstar 28
992 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's a photo of a boat that was posted on another forum... He's got an enclosure for the cockpit... damn, is it ugly... why do people do this??? Granted, it isn't like the Hunter 356 is all that pretty a boat to begin with but even it deserves better than this.

:puke

·
Telstar 28
992 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I mean, if he wanted a pilothouse sailboat...he should have bought a pilothouse sailboat...

·
Telstar 28
992 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You gotta wonder how much that enclosure cost him too... marine canvaswork ain't cheap... and there's a lot of canvas there...

BTW, anyone notice the Jolly Roger on the starboard flag halyard.. :)

·
Registered
40 Posts
Could you project movies on the inside of that enclosure? Hunter could start marketing a "Home Theater" to go along with the hottubs.

·
Telstar 28
992 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
It's a tub alright... the windage on that thing must be amazing... Well, he probably doesn't need a riding sail at anchor anymore... :)

·
Telstar 28
992 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
I think that model of Hunter comes with the traveler for the main sheet on the stainless steel arch. Here's another photo of one without the hideous enclosure. Really not a pretty boat IMHO.

·
Registered
4,647 Posts
Are you being sarcastic?
Is that a serious question?

The famous Hunter SS Arch.

·
Telstar 28
992 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Tim-

I think you mean infamous Hunter SS Arch. :) UGHLY..

·
Telstar 28
992 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
you can't store champagne on a monohull sailboat, it rocks too much and the sediment doesn't settle out properly... :)
Maybe he's got his own private champagne room in there. I bet you're jealous now!

·
Telstar 28
992 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
US-

That'd be a decent excuse for the enclosure at least...
I thought it was the Velvet Room with his own peeler pole attached to the arch.

1 - 20 of 198 Posts