SailNet Community banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Master Mariner
9,055 Posts
That brings up a question I've been wondering about; does Mantus Anchors own this site?
They seem to be the only ones who can advertise with impunity, in the form of a post, on any forum.

Reactions: chef2sail

·
Vendor
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well certainly did not want to cause this kind of response....
In-fact I was expecting something else entirely...
My apologies.. I guess...
greg

·
Administrator
5,921 Posts
Businesses who pay to advertise are allowed to post about their business in the forums, in their signatures, user names, etc. If you run Adblock, perhaps you don't see their giant banner at the top of the page?

Personally, I'm happier to see Mantus at the top of my screen than all the single ladies looking for love that I used to see. Plus, they sometime have useful information to add to discussions.

In the past Mantus has offered some very good deals to forum members, have been responsive when questioned about their anchors and I, for one, don't think that they deserve the responses in this thread.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Well certainly did not want to cause this kind of response....
In-fact I was expecting something else entirely...
My apologies.. I guess...
greg
Well, I for one think it's a nice offer.

Thanks

·
Registered
80 Posts
Why don't you raffle something useful, ....like an ANCHOR ?
They did maybe 1 to 2 years ago. They've also had some great discount sales in the past one of which which also coincided with their anchor giveaway. Who would have thought. :)

Haven't seen any discounts lately so I guess they're selling well.

As commented already the company is very responsive and when they upgraded the material in their anchor shank to the ASTM 514 specification I got the new version for only the cost of shipping.

·
19,488 Posts
Why don't you raffle something useful, ....like an ANCHOR ?
Indeed. After this I will never even consider a Mantus. Never.

/J
That brings up a question I've been wondering about; does Mantus Anchors own this site?
They seem to be the only ones who can advertise with impunity, in the form of a post, on any forum.
Ease up, guys...

Mantus is one of the advertisers that help support this site.. and as such they are permitted to advertise their product.

I bought one last fall, got a good deal via the Sailnet Store and Mantus themselves. As it turns out, after a month in the rain on my foredeck there was some rust on the roll bar - part of the galvanizing did not take. I sent pics and a note on a Sunday afternoon, Greg replied within an hour, and a new bar was shipped the next morning.

Clearly they stand behind their product. They're one of the good guys.

·
Premium Member
270 Posts
This looks like a great bag. I'm entering! Thanks, Mantus!

PS - When I get a boat, I hope to have one of your anchors on my bow.

·
Administrator
5,921 Posts
While the moderators appreciate the members calling up the rules, as this says that you care about the forum, either doing so a little less aggressively, or better, using the Report Post icon to report any suspected posts would be appreciated. Clicking Report Post sends an email to the moderators and we can then deal with the post appropriately.

Whenever a commercial post is brought to our attention a PM is sent requesting that the company support the forum (with the exception of outright spam). If they see how supporters may be treated, that might cause them to think twice about doing it.

·
Master Mariner
9,055 Posts
Ease up, guys...

Mantus is one of the advertisers that help support this site.. and as such they are permitted to advertise their product.

guys.
Hey, I was just asking a question, not criticizing anyone or anything. No need to report anybody.
Just asking a question.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Well, I tried to enter, got as far as the facebook (grrr) "Like to enter", but never found the "entry form below". Maybe too many ad/javascript blockers, who knows. It does look like a nice bag though.

·
Administrator
5,921 Posts
Well, I tried to enter, got as far as the facebook (grrr) "Like to enter", but never found the "entry form below". Maybe too many ad/javascript blockers, who knows. It does look like a nice bag though.
I got kind of stuck scratching my head, too. But then I noticed the Submit button immediately under the form to the left.

·
Registered
5,472 Posts
The real issue is why must we use Facebook to participate? If this vendor is so good, why are they discriminating against those who do not want any part of social media sites?
Oh puhleeeze! "Discriminating"???? Last time I checked, social media-phobes were not a US federally protected class covered by anti-disrcrimination laws.

Companies go fishing for "likes" all the time. It raises their presence on many marketing-related sites. It's a common technique of 21st Century marketing, and there's nothing evil about it. Nobody says you have to participate.

Thanks, Mantus, for the nice raffle. Many of us appreciate it, and it will remind us to think of you when we're looking to upgrade our anchors.

Reactions: utchuckd

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just received a 25lb Mantus that I plan on putting to good use this season for what I consider to be a very fair price. Wouldn't mind having a nice pack to go with it. Keep up the good work Mantus, I appreciate you guys being actively involved in the sailing forums.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts