SailNet Community banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone using Maptech Pro. just bought the package off e bay and am impressed by all of the detailed charts it provides. i understand it all on the gov web site but that would be a lot of downloading just to go from key west to maine. the package explain it has topographics of the bottom of the ocean but i can not find how to get there to view that. all the phone numbers for updates and tech support are disconnected. anyone using this program?
many thanks!
chuck

·
Registered
69 Posts
Chuck,

I use MapTech Offshore Navigator and love it... Something is changing at MapTech - I am not sure what. The new phone number for navigation software is 781-910-3564 - but I have not had any luck connecting with a "live" person....

Garner

·
Registered
75 Posts
I believe they may have shut down. I have the Navigator and there were no updates last year for the tides and none of the contact numbers worked. It's usually a bad sign when that happens. Not a big deal, their charts are the best and the system works with the NOAA disks. I just get the tides from my iPad. If there is anyone at Maptech maybe they could answer these questions. I looked and someone has the charts on disk for $85 on Amazon just search on "NOAA Charts"

·
Registered
69 Posts
Chuck,

Good news - I go through today... Purely by luck I was able to reach some a live human at Maptech. They are moving their offices from on side of Boston to the other so everything is in disarray. They expect to be up and running in the next 3-4 day...

Try the following number 888-839-5551.

Good Luck
Garner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts