SailNet Community banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Seems Maptech has been bought out..now seems to be all land based maps.Looking to update my Off Shore Navigator Tides and Currents for this year but cant find the recommended Support and Downloads for 2009 Tides and Currents..only find other Topographical downloads that seem to be unrelated to Off Shore (Nautical) Charts...

·
Registered
5,680 Posts
aa3jy,

I don't have an answer for you, but I moved this thread from the "Chesapeake" sub-forum to the "General Discussion" forum for better exposure.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Maptech Inc was sold to a few different companies in the summer of 2008.

KPM Marine LLC d/b/a Maptech Navigation proudly acquired Offshore Navigator, Chart Navigator Pro, and the Marine DigitalCharts.
We can be contacted Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm ET
by calling Sales 978.834.9950
or Technical Support 978.834.9953
www . maptechnavigation . com

The answer to your 2009 Tide & Current question is that you can order
a new Tides & Current Update disc by going to
www maptechnavigation com , then Support, then Offshore Navigator, and in the top tech document for Offshore, you will see a link for Expired Currents message. Click there and follow link for Option #1.
( or copy and paste this url into your browser
maptechnavigation.com/support/emailed.doc.cfm?docat=128.24 )

(Our website has changed slightly, when going to www maptech com, you will need to click on Marine Software (as the other two choices refer you to the new owners of other Maptech products; MyTopo who proudly aquired the Terrain Navigator Pro software, and Richardson's Maptech who proudly aquired the Chartkit Paper products

·
Aquaholic
1,139 Posts
That's great to hear, I really like the MapTech products and was somewhat dismayed when they appeared to be gone.

·
Registered
2 Posts
You are all very welcome.

BTW, I apologize for my non clickable links, I am unable to post links at this time (this being my 2nd post thus far.)

KPM Marine / Maptech Navigation
Technical Support

1 - 7 of 7 Posts