SailNet Community banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok... so it's been a busy winter for us...getting ready for the first grandchild and working quite a bit. And now we're looking forward to springtime on the Chesapeake. I was realistic enough to accept our marina slip fee would not go down-however, I was hoping it wouldn't increase this year. Wrong... it goes up $300 this year. We pay 6,000 - plus electric. Has anyone else dared to check their slip fees for the upcoming year?

·
Registered
407 Posts
Mine's up a touch. Maybe $200 - CDN$2400 for the summer versus about CDN$2200. CDN$1200 for the winter, versus CDN$1100 this past winter. Summer includes pumpouts, water and 30amp service.

·
Telstar 28
993 Posts
Mine stayed the same... but I've decided to move the boat to a mooring this season.

·
Registered
5,680 Posts
Ours remained flat. But a 5% increase doesn't sound outrageous. On the other hand, your slip fee is pretty steep. What size boat and whereabouts?

Edit: Never mind on the size, I see the 37' Dickerson in your signature. So you have a 40' slip for $6K+. Ouch. That must be Annapolis, I suppose. If you're willing to travel about 15 more minutes by car, you can do much better than that!

·
Registered
128 Posts
I just signed a new lease on a 30' for $2150 in Southern MD, Calvert County. At Flag Harbor Yacht Basin. It went up from last year, It was $1850 for the same slip in '08. :(

·
Registered
2,287 Posts
Ours is still the same as last year $2400 for a slip suitable for a 35-37' boat.

Thats way down the Chesapeake in Deltaville, VA.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Thanks for the post

NauticalFishwife, thanks for the post. I'm feeling much better about the cost of sailing. My marina if nothing fancy, just the basics. I have a place to park. My berth is a drive-up. No additional charge for electric. The fees are about the same as last year, $1500 for the summer and last winter was $900.

Maybe this information will help to smooth thing over with my better half... maybe not.

I'm anxious to be back on the water.

Paul

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
Same fees at my marina this year - $1802 for a slip for my 23' boat for April to November. No electric, but water included. When I first came to this marina 10 years ago, I think the slip fee (same slip) was about $1200.

·
Registered
14 Posts
My fees stayed the same as last year and the year before. No electricity or water. I can drive right up to the slip and park in front of the boat. I have room for a deck with canopy and Johnny on the spot a short distance away. Located in Southern Ontario on Lake Erie. Just under $1,000.00 Cdn. for the summer. Larry.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Ugh. We're battling with this right now. We've secured moorage for the next six months at Reed Point in Port Moody (Metro Vancouver area) for $280/month (six month term, for a grand total of $1680.) I think it worked out to about 10.85/ft/month. Longer term was a bit cheaper. Short term added another $60 per month. Rates seemed pretty standard across the area. Moorage in the Fraser was a bit lower, closer to 8.50/ft and ridiculously higher in Coal Harbour.

·
Registered
207 Posts
My slip, on Long Island, NY's North Fork/East End also has gone up about 5%, I pay $3300.00 for a 33 foot Freedom, includes electric/water, shower/head facilities and a place to park. This is a very small and simple Marina. BTW, I would find it helpful if you inlcude atleast your location and boat size when posting. Other details are nice to know also. It is nice to compare costs at differnent locations and what they offer., Rick

·
560 Posts
I paid $73 total for my mooring this summer (really). Up from $69 for last summer. I'm taking a second job to cover the increase. ;)

·
Telstar 28
993 Posts
You suck... mooring in my area are about $800-900.
I paid $73 total for my mooring this summer (really). Up from $69 for last summer. I'm taking a second job to cover the increase. ;)

·
Registered
5,680 Posts
Sounds like a good deal until you consider the season in Maine only lasts 3 days.:D :D :D :D

·
Registered
433 Posts
Unchanged at Point Roberts USA $2088.00 US per year for a 30' slip plus $35/yr for water & $60/yr environmental fee. Of course electricity is extra @$0.10/kwh. The only change in cost for me is the CDN exchange rate, current .80 cent dollar adds a bit to the overall cost. Perhaps by April the exchange will be more favourable.
They do provide good service though, free parking, washrooms, showers, pumpout, travel-lift, reastaurants, chandlery, and club facilities as well as a great location.

·
560 Posts
Sounds like a good deal until you consider the season in Maine only lasts 3 days.:D :D :D :D
JRP,

That simply isn't true. I got 10 days in last year. :rolleyes: Of course: 1 day it snowed, 3 days were in fog, 2 days it rained and another day we were attacked by black flies.

But those 3 nice days... Man, they were nice! :D :D :D

·
Registered
330 Posts
Our town mooring permit is $100/year, but you need your own mooring and you have to have it pulled for the winter, inspected in the spring and then splashed, which cost $225 last year for a total cost of $325 assuming you don't need any repairs to the mooring.

I just made slip reservations for Nantucket over 4th of July and their tansient slip fees did not go up plus they are offering free Wifi this year (last year they charged for it). Of course their rates are probably already among the most expensive on the east coast at $5.50/ft

·
Detachable member
377 Posts
my slip fees are the same this year. 30ft sailboat $135/ft in wickford, ri. includes internet, bathroom/showers, pumpout. they said due to the economy, they would keep the slip fees the same but i think it's more because they can't fill the marina. i was in warwick, ri last year. same marina owners. they were about 30% empty all summer. if you bought a boat from them, they were giving away a slip for the summer.
i just saw them advertising slips at the wickford marina on craigslist.

1 - 20 of 63 Posts