SailNet Community banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
8,475 Posts
We are in a marina of roughly 400 boats, with an even split of mobos and blowbos. There are 5 full service docks, and unserviced dock 6, the "ghetto dock", which is where we spend the season. As it is an unserviced dock, it is primarily the domain of bowriders and daysailors and fishing boats. We always have our dock to ourselves overnight, which is a bonus. On our dock WE are the party animals, cuz there ain't nobody else. Across the fairway are 2 docks where many of the slipholders have been largely been returning for 10 years or more. The boats rarely leave the slips, and the dock drinking often starts early and ends late, but the overall attitude is one of alcohol-lubricated friendly camaraderie. Need a tool, advice or assistance? The dock rockers are more than happy to help, and that attitude goes a long way towards offsetting the occasional latenight "Freebird' singalong.

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
oh... it made me laugh, there is a retired German couple that spends a lot of time on 3 with thier daughter on their house B. now, i try to be a very polite fellow, and never fire off the stereo until after 12, and always shut it down before dusk. I generally dont play it loud, but if im fishing or especially using power tools on the dock i do turn it up a bit.
anyway, the marinas main man asked me what i was playing to piss off the Germans.... no ganster rap, just irish folk music. lol. im thinking of getting a couple of polka cds.

·
Quirky
598 Posts
Used to have a great view of the boat ramp. When I was having a day where it felt like nothing was going right, I could just sit and watch the activities at the boat ramp and feel a lot better.

·
Registered
7,855 Posts
15.73/ft per month where I am. Plus 12% tax. That is liveaboard with basic cable, power and water included. As well as the full health club facilities described above.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts