SailNet Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Cubbie Bear
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am desperately trying to find moorage in Seattle or Tacoma for a 36 ft boat. I want to liveaboard but have never done so before. there seems to be nothing available. Does anyone have any suggestions ? Thanks in advance.

·
Cubbie Bear
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Rocket, I checked out their website via the link you sent. It does not specify anything regarding liveaboard. There is a link to reservations. How long of a reservation can you request at a Marina of this type ?

·
Registered
440 Posts
When I was looking for a slip I found that the marina websites were mostly out of date. For what it's worth, Salmon Bay Marina across from Ballard seems to often have more spaces than others. I assume you are on the waitlist at Shilshole Bay already?

·
Registered
285 Posts
Thanks Rocket, I checked out their website via the link you sent. It does not specify anything regarding liveaboard. There is a link to reservations. How long of a reservation can you request at a Marina of this type ?
Larry - it is a liveaboard marina.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Call and ask. Tacoma and Salmon Bay may be your best bet, but keep in mind the latter facility is a bit run down.

Many marinas on Puget Sound either don't allow liveaboards or if they do have a multiple year wait list.

The Seattle area is rapidly turning into a place for tourists, 1%ers, and Amazon slaves.

They don't have much use for us roaches in Clorox bottles. :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts