SailNet Community banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just received in the mail from a( local)Eastern Shore marina an ad to which they are reducing their 2015 slip rates to attract new customers..

Any other marinas around the Bay doing the same thing..?

Premium Member
Not a reduction but my slip rate hasn't changed in five years. I do see several signs on the drive down offering reduced slip rates.

Unlike previous years I now get emails from other eastern shore marinas advertising their rates. Since around September one in particular has emailed me several times like I was already a slip holder telling me the fall haul out dates and offering a discount for early 2015 payment. I've never even been there as a transient.

They are definitely getting more proactive.

Chastened
If there's any truth at all to the reports that the economy is recovering, I expect that slip rates will RISE as people start buying boats again.

If fuel costs remain low into the summer months, all those power boat owners who have restricted their trips to short distances, or simply not used them, are going to be out in force.

Thank God I keep my boat at home.

One of None
Hunter 34
I don't see why it has to be a mystery! What eastern shore marinas? My first mate Michele is back as a housemate and we are talking about getting my boat down there instead of "here"

Premium Member
Denise, if you two are party people, Great Oak Landing seems to be begging for slip holders. Skipjack Resort Marina on the Sassafras has lowered their rates according to the sign on the road.

One of None
Hunter 34
I love Great Oaks! (and Jellyfish Joes!)but the getting in and out through the raceway and a dicey 6ft "channel" with 90* turns kept me away from ever trying again to get in/out of there.

Skipjack is the closest to the bay but still a good long ride in/out

Registered
One of the best deals I've come across on the upper bay is Bowleys on the Middle River. The in/out access to the Bay is minimal. The rates are very low, considering they are for the year. Rates include winter land storage.
The other good deal near Annapolis, is above the bridge on the SouthRiver, if you can clear 53'. My boat just got sold, so I think my sailing days are over.
Marc

Registered
I checked out Bowleys, the rates were great, but they did hit you with a hefty pull fee for winter storage, about $550 for my 33 Morgan. Still, it's an easy in and easy out to the bay. Weekend boating traffic there is horrific - lots of go fast boats. The best news, though, is it's a great place for anyone that lives north or east of Baltimore - no bay bridge backups to contend with.

Gary :cool:

Banned
A yearly rental at Bowleys is about $2300 for a 30' boat. If you add $550 haul out to that, it still sounds cheap to me. Some places get more than that for the season.
Marc
Lots of go fast boats and lots of noise from the airport. When the warthogs land they also drop fuel on the boats...middle River is enticing , but there are some caveats

One of None
Hunter 34
$900.00 for the year for a 32' boat.
if you want land storage $75.00 a month.
can't remember the haul out and block, maybe $100.00?
that's dockage w/ water,electric, showers, there's a restaurant w/ liquor bar.a DIY yard. right on the eastern shore few miles north of crisfield,Goose Creek Marina and Hideaway grill.
great place, great people.
Joe.. not that I'm doubting what I read.. but how many years ago were those prices? :eek:

if true It's a moot point for me over 400 miles from home

Registered
I'm on the east side again this coming season but seriously considering paying more to be on the west in 2016. The lack of decent restaurants or otherwise is getting old. I'm a person who would actually like a little more action, however I am single.

One of None
Hunter 34
I'm on the east side again this coming season but seriously considering paying more to be on the west in 2016. The lack of decent restaurants or otherwise is getting old. I'm a person who would actually like a little more action, however I am single.
Jellyfish Joe's at great oaks

1 - 20 of 45 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.