SailNet Community banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife and I bought an A21 about a year ago and we have loved learning to sail in it. It is in great shape so we have not had to do any maintenance. The biggest thing I would change about it though is that it has no head. Has anyone out there tried putting a head into an Aquarius 21? If so any advice would be appreciated. We are also considering the porta-potty and I suggested if we were going to go that route then a 5 gallon bucket with a seat and a trashbag would do about as well. She wasn't too thrilled with that idea.

Any and all ideas appreciated. I cross posted this question in the Yahoo Aquarius Owners group hoping to get some answers.

Thanks,
Ralph

·
Registered
10 Posts
a 21 head

Put one in mine for the wife then took it out after she left. Holding tank on small..boat is.not as practical as the porta potty since it is not legal to dump near on shore waters you gain nothing but a few more holes to worry about

·
Registered
478 Posts
A portapotti is not quite as bad as a bucket and a bag, but not a whole lot better. For a day or two out they are fine. Just be sure you guys agree on who will service it and what that person's reward will be.

On our 30 footer we have used one for a year and are planning to go with a "composter" this year. For your small boat I would recommend the portapotti.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts