SailNet Community banner
121 - 136 of 136 Posts

·
Telstar 28
992 Posts
Impossible, everyone knows that congressmen don't have brains. :)

OMG they hooked a computer directly to a congressman's brain :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek::eek:

·
996 Posts
I finally did a review on my i2iStream device. You can view it here.
For those who do NOT own an Ipod...it is the ONLY device that will let you remotely control your marine stereo and play your MP3 player through it with full control of everything at the helm. Even if you DO own an Ipod you may find this device appealing compared to some others.

·
2,447 Posts
Can it run off the USB input?

Cam, just read your review over on anything sailing. This sounds like a good option. I'm wondering will the i2iStream operate while it's plugged into the USB cable?

I have a dual 12v outlet wired near my stereo. One outlet for charging my handheld vhf, and the other is fitted with a 12vdc to USB adapter. The MP3 player is plugged into the adapter. With this setup it will run as long as I've got battery power.

·
2,447 Posts
Thanks, this just got added to the todo list :D

·
Registered
187 Posts
Jim...I face the same remote issue with my Zune...but no longer have a boat to worry about. Nevertheless...still want to use it to play remotely at home and elsewhere so I just purhased the i2i Steam unit.
i2iGear.com - How It Works

Have not yet tried it out but I believe it is a good solution for a boat as well. Will give you a report when I know more about actual performance...but this should let you keep the Zen at the helm or with you and then beam wirelessly to your stereo. Check it out.
camaraderie ...

this looks very interesting to me as I carry about 40 gigs of music on my laptop and am looking for a way to synch with the stereo ...

I'll be watching for your review ...

thanks again

·
Registered
187 Posts
camaraderie ...

just saw where you made your review over at anythingsailing ...
read it ... thank you

sounds like a winner to me

·
Registered
11 Posts
This thread helped me out a lot deciding how I'll go about upgrading my boat's stereo equipment (currently a battery-powered boombox).

I think I'll go with this Kenwood head:

Amazon.com: Kenwood KDC-MP342U WMA/MP3 CD Receiver with Satellite/HD Radio/Bluetooth Ready Front Panel USB/AUX Input: Electronics

And these Dual speakers for the cockpit:

Amazon.com: Dual 3-Way Indoor/Outdoor Speaker Set: Electronics

I know the Polks' sound quality would blow these overboard, but I'm on a budget.

Any thoughts on this setup? Also, I've seen a couple rolls of speaker wire advertised as "marine grade". Is there any difference worth considering between regular and marine speaker wire?

·
Telstar 28
992 Posts
has anyone had any experience with installing a satellite radio like sirus or XM in their boat?
Have used XM and Sirius on various boats, including mine. What's the question?

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
Im not sure how much more 'marine' stuff is than 'non?'

i got one of these, allows ipod in, usb in at faceplate (i use for movie audio from laptop), and mine has four speaker outs so you can pick up two more for cockpit or cabin...
Dual MXCP66 Marine Stereo Receiver with Speakers and MH100 Gimbal Housing

but at 159 bucks is it that much more than a comparable non marine setup?

121 - 136 of 136 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.