SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!
  • The winner of the February SailNet Captain of the Month is Howard @HPeer. A new competition starts April FOOLSDAY!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

Registered
Reaction score
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone help me with a few basics. I need to know to what extent a different mast construction will alter the characeristics of a sailboat. I have bought a bries off shore 8m without a mast (and it took some finding, most of them were complete!!) and now have the problem of replacing it with either new (and i dont know what the original was) or replacement second hand (any advice). I have a sail plan but no specifics about the mast dimensions.

One of None
Hunter 34
Reaction score
there are lots of marine salvage dealers in Fla and other parts of the Gulf coast. you can buy all kinds and sizes of masts and booms. I would start by knowing just what the sail plan was for you boat. then go from there.
good luck! welcome to the forum!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.