SailNet Community banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Keith
I assume you are adding a radar to the mast? If so, I did this years back on my '83 Orion 27. I removed the mast and fed the radar cable through it but I just let it dangle inside- big mistake. The first time we anchored overnight the noise of the cable bumping inside the mast with every roll of the boat drove us crazy. I ended up removing the mast again to push open-cell foam blocks into the mast to restrain the radar cable. Others have accomplished the same using groups of cable ties pointing outward like a bottle brush along the cable. As I remember, the LeFiell spars have a 3/4" PVC pipe installed inside for normal in mast wiring for lights, but I don't think a radar cable would fit into it.

Dave Dias
Crealock 37
"Eowyn"

·
Registered
54 Posts
Sapperwhite,
Our 1983 Orion was hull number 71 (if I remember correctly). We purchased her in '88 from her original owner who had sailed her to Hawaii and back and his cruise was later featured in a Pacific Seacraft magazine advertisement. We lived aboard our Orion for a year, then took off in 1989 to cruise the west coast of Mexico and Baja for 6 months. Our boat was a "C" plan interior, from what I understand a rare option. We have only happy memories of our Orion, and those memories played a big part in our purchase of the Crealock. Best of luck with your Orion,
Dave Dias
Crealock 37
"Eowyn"

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.