SailNet Community banner

41 - 43 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
Anyone knows any prep work that needs to be done to the mast or the boat after the mast comes down?

I Will welcome the advice

·
Registered
2,399 Posts
Anyone knows any prep work that needs to be done to the mast or the boat after the mast comes down?

I Will welcome the advice
It is just a short haul, so you don't need to get too carried away. The important thing is to make sure all the rigging is taped or tied to the mast so it doesnt chafe during transport. Also make sure the mast is supported in the middle and isnt just resting on the pulpit and pushpit. If it isnt supported properly it will bounce, which could cause chaffing, and it might bend the pulpit or pushpit.

I had my last boat trucked from Oregon to BC, and I made the mistake of not going down there to supervise the loading. I had to deal with an extra $800 in chaffe damage, and a bent pulpit because the mast wasn't properly supported...

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
It is just a short haul, so you don't need to get too carried away. The important thing is to make sure all the rigging is taped or tied to the mast so it doesnt chafe during transport. Also make sure the mast is supported in the middle and isnt just resting on the pulpit and pushpit. If it isnt supported properly it will bounce, which could cause chaffing, and it might bend the pulpit or pushpit.

I had my last boat trucked from Oregon to BC, and I made the mistake of not going down there to supervise the loading. I had to deal with an extra $800 in chaffe damage, and a bent pulpit because the mast wasn't properly supported...

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk
Great advice, Thanks SchockT

41 - 43 of 43 Posts