SailNet Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
One of None
8,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Nursed it through last summer it's not looking so good this season. Won't go into fwd (cable off) when hand spinning the output end (prop shaft) I think it was that was and only goes in FWD when the engine is running.

Going to try and fire it up today with intake water hose in bucker and a hose sprinkling on the cutless bearing I think the PSS seall can run dry for a few seconds and not get hot.

If I can through this season I will do something over the winter.

Wish me luck! :rolleyes:

·
Registered
5,979 Posts
Oops, missed the 'cable off' part in the other thread.

Good luck Denise. Missing a season bites.

·
Tartan 27' owner
5,242 Posts
Sorry to hear about this denise.
I know that you know what you are doing and you know more about boats than many of us, but do be careful running your engine in gear on the hard.
Can you add an extra pair (or 2) of jack stands to help absorb any vibrations?
Best of luck.

·
One of None
8,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks all.. I must say the twin disc 40 is looking mighty appealing! I do have friends at the club and will have some help, it's raining now need to wait.

·
One of None
8,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks Jim! not! LOL, Anyway reading more, Thanks Stu! Apparently the spinning of the engine input does matter in fwd gear. Thank Caleb! I just read allot LOL I've loved boats all my life, wooden boats even more,

·
One of None
8,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
UPDATE!! She's in! See... down the end at the loading dock :D.. it was a cold rainy miserable day! They're calling for low 40s tonight! Sunday is forecast for 70.

Anyways........ The trans goes into fwd and rev very well, in fact; it's even better or seems to be. NO RATTLE! What I did was move the cable down on the 2nd hole of the shift lever on the trans. that actually makes the distance traveled by the cable longer. So.... with blessings from the sailing gods We will be good to go this season! :D

·
One of None
8,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks Cal! I did almost.. well not really sink the boat LOL the raw water strainer lid had a bad gasket and water was streaming in from under it. shut the sea valve and got some rubber sheet from a plumber friend and made a new one! Good to go now! I'm tired... stress rain and cold makes for a full day LOL.

·
Asleep at the wheel
3,017 Posts
Denise,
Sorry for the late reply; I was VERY excited for you when I read your update! How was your Memorial Day weekend? Did you get out and enjoy the nice weather? Hopefully you had at least a few hours on the water.

·
One of None
8,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks Jim! Weather has been awful! planned today but of course rain is in the forcast LOL

1 - 13 of 13 Posts