SailNet Community banner

21 - 40 of 52 Posts

·
Banned
17,467 Posts
And of course the Master Baiter has now shown up. I'd love to use you as chum my friend.
C'mon, dude, seriously. It was a joke. By your above post, I figured you were joking too in the ICW thread. Guess not.

Look, we're in the "Members getting along" thread for crying out loud. I'd never even crossed paths with you until I complimented you on your humor a couple of days ago. I've got no beef with you and find this blasting with all guns a bit strange - so let's call it a day. Cool?

Otherwise, feel free to put me on ignore. I won't be offended.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Sorry Smack, [edit-jrp]. You messed with people who gave me good advice and tangible help while cruising.

I never had any interaction with you until you decided to post on a thread I started a few days ago. Before then, I avoided you like the plague. [edit-jrp]

·
Banned
17,467 Posts
Okay Nauti - in the interest of peace, I went back and deleted my compliment on your "Classic SN Thread" thread...

NautiG - I gotta say, you're pretty cool dude. Funny stuff.
I had no idea you took offense at that.

Beyond that - all I can do is suggest ignore. Because I'm not interested.

Later.

·
Registered
5,680 Posts
Whoa fellas!!

CD started this thread to ask folks to ease up a bit and simply ignore those with whom they can't get along. We got off on a bit of a tangent and I even joined in the humor -- always good medicine - but let's not take this down the wrong path, please. No need to make things personal.

·
Registered
311 Posts
John, please feel free to ban me for a week. Hell, I'd take it as a badge of honor. If you banned me forever, you'd probably be doing me a favor.

·
Registered
7,303 Posts
Nauti,

Relax when it comes to smacky, in reality, he is a bit of a blow hard. There are a few others that come to mind too, but he is less so than he seems. A lot of us for what ever reason sometimes show a rough edge or two depending upon the situation we are in. Reality is, most of us are probably pretty reasonable folks. Even Brians initial post can come off as a bit rough, but he does mean well, even tho he too can be rough in his demeaner. I'll put myself in that catagory at times too.

marty

·
Registered
311 Posts
Guys, I promise to chill out. I just don't like the dude. Thank you John for editing some of my most inflammatory posts.

·
Registered
4,192 Posts
Guys, I promise to chill out. I just don't like the dude. Thank you John for editing some of my most inflammatory posts.

That's just silly. And I think that deep down you know it. How can you say that you don't like someone that you only know from reading words on a computer screen?

I don't know Smacky. I don't know Sway. I don't know Cam. But I know enough about them all that I know that I would be happy to make their acquaintance.
There are only a few people that I've read online here or on AS that I wouldn't want to meet in person. One in particular. And that's only because he accused me unfairly of being something that I am not and wasn't man enough to defend his assertions when challenged.
Smack, Cam, Sway or hardly anyone else here qualifies in that regard.

You may not like Smackdaddy's style. I understand that. Actually, I think it's more like you don't understand his style. But that's neither here nor there. But please, just learn from the past and and the experience of others and just put him on ignore.
Please Don't attack him. Don't disparage him.

Some of us like the guy.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Knot, smack and I probably would have a great time if we met in person. Ok, maybe we might get in a couple of fist fights. But so what?

I just don't think his presence is beneficial to the forum. Per his own posts, he loves to stir s*** up. That is fine and entertaining, but people do come here for good information. If smack wants to start a thread where he and I can have it out, I'm game.

I just don't like it when he participates in threads where people have real questions.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Golly! Does anyone like the new Billy Currington song?

(Disclaimer: I like the forums, no horns from me to anyone, and this is a great place for someone like me - a future boat owner - to learn) :D

·
Banned
17,467 Posts
Beer is good. And people are crazy. Yes indeed, Mike.

At the end of the day what counts is that you like the forum. If it's a place where newbs feel welcome, people have fun, get excited about sailing, crack each other up, learn something, enjoy the occasional fight or two, and can still have a beer together at the end of the day, it's all good.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Smackdaddy,
I hoped my post was taken in the manner it was intended.
Life is too busy, silly, hard, (add everyone's choice description) for all of us, to be growling all the time.
Take care, all.

21 - 40 of 52 Posts