SailNet Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have benn told that the goverment will charge you every time yo drop hook. And that it gets verry expensive. I have also ben told it is verry cheep??? I need some real advice. I am wishing to spend next winter down there.

·
Registered
87,723 Posts
It is very cheap. You may be charged at each PORT you check into (which you have to do), but anchorages between ports are free. The most I was charged in Mexico was about $4 US in Acapulco. Mostly nickle and dime. Food is cheap, people are wonderful, cruising great.

·
snake charmer, cat herder
2,640 Posts
the only fees on west coast mexico for anchoring are in soc. mexico is different than soc.
where did you plan on cruising?
no there are no fees for port entry none at all. buy a visa when entering mexico and that is only fee charged. despachos and zarpes are free of charge.
come into mexico and see for yourself the fake mews and rumors are just that--fake. caribbean coast is a different story as they donot conform to the universality mandated by mexico.
baja is overpopulated with gringos and boats. they may charge something for anchoring, like cabo san luas does.. la paz has mooring fees and anchoring fees. mainland mexico doesnot.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts