SailNet Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone out there know of an owner's group for Mirage or Mirage-Kirby sailboats? I am interested in buying one but am finding it difficult to find out much about them. Thanks,
Peter K.
<!-- / message -->

·
Registered
6 Posts
MIRAGE sailboat owners

I recently purchased a 1976 Mirage 24, hull #263. This is my first small boat and I am completely in love with it! Fortunately, it was kept clean and required little reconditioning as it has had a number of rigging and equipment upgrades made over the years. I have rewired and re-plumbed it. It is a solid fiberglass hull, points well and sails quick in light air. I recently went through a 40 knot line squall with full main and #2 jib and had no problems (feathered the sails until it passed). I would highly recommend crawling through the cockpit lockers and checking in behind the stairwell fridge compartment to see how clean it is if you are not paying for a survey. Also check where the deck meets the hull for any water stains as it may require some caulking if you find signs of wetness. Mine is dry but my rudder is showing some signs of wetness that I will correct this winter. I can find nothing else wrong with this wonderful Canadian built boat.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts