SailNet Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I just bought a Mistral 4.7 1979 and I have no clue how to rig it.... The boat is in good shape but nothing is set.. all the ropes and in a bag. Please help.. if you can.. On send me close up pictures. The mat is down, etc..

Sorry for My english, I am French canadian from Montreal.

Thanks

DCLL

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hi DCLL:

I have Mistral 16 which is likely very similar with yours 4.7. I posted pages from the manual in one earlier post - search for Mistral 16 in forums here. Lastly, since I am near you (Beaconsfield), worst comes to worst you can come and see how my boat is rigged, just to get some ideas how to go about it.

Cheers,
Bo

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Boz, thsnks for the reply. I was out on vacaction. Just got back today. Today is the day, we will try to rig it with what we found so far. Wish us luck..

Thanks!

Dcll

·
Registered
2 Posts
hey
I too bought a mistral 4.7. I was wondering if you managed to rig yours, and if yes, do you have some documentation that can help me? I would appreciate that a lot, thanks

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hello Mahmoud, welcome to the sailing community.

There should be a post of mine below with link to rigging instructions for Mistral 16. It is not the same boat - although very similar in size - but it can serve as a general guide. Your boat, being a racing type, should have few more lines for sail and mast adjustment.
Try it out with simpler rigging like on Mistral16 - and if there are further problems or you can still not make it, I can get to my club and take few photos of rigged 470s and post them here. You'll just have to point to area(s) that are not clear so that I can take a close in-photos.

Cheers and have a good wind! :)
Boz

·
Registered
2 Posts
thanks so much for your reply Boz. I was trying to find that post of yours and I finally did ;) can't wait to have it rigged and get out on the water, we have great winds here in Kingston ;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts