SailNet Community banner
21 - 33 of 33 Posts

bell ringer
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Mark knows that and is way more "out there" than I. We have been busting each other in fun for years.

Administrator
Mark knows that and is way more "out there" than I. We have been busting each other in fun for years.
Don keeps avoiding me. When I move into an 9cean he slinks off to his basement.

I'm in Bahamas and USA next year looking for him.

馃槉

Reactions: SV Moondog

bell ringer
Discussion Starter · #24 · (Edited)
With 1 week to go for the end of year 5 I have noticed a trend. My "general" category that includes food etc. is up a lot this year. I was thinking maybe we have been eating too many ribeye steaks, but the last couple weeks I have been paying attention when we go to store. Food costs just seem to be UP this year.

Here is some budget words of wisdom: If you want to control what you spend money on don't go ashore or have internet access!

Administrator
There's no Red Spot Specials during Covid.

I noticed that in the supermarkets in France.

As for here in the Caribbean, I am being absolutely hammered by food prices. 馃檮

I swapped Marjorie for a pint of milk. 馃槼

• Haha
Reactions: Don L

bell ringer
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
So year 5 ends and today year 6 starts. So for this year we have spent $0.

We am currently spending the week at a resort so you know what that means?

Party ! 馃コ馃コ馃コ馃ぉ馃ぉ

Registered
Passport 470
Please don't stop your monthly posts. People join the train from all stations and times .. It will be invaluable to check your ongoing and current experiences with foreseeable economic pressures.

bell ringer
Discussion Starter · #28 · (Edited)
Well i posted the year 5 total numbers and review. In it I told people how to get the monthly numbers if they wanted them. No one has asked.

After all the monthly sharing I have done I hoped others would have stepped up and also shared.

Registered
Passport 470
Well i posted the year 5 total numbers and review. In it I told people how to get the monthly numbers if they wanted them. No one has asked.

After all the monthly sharing I have done I hoped others would have stepped and also shared.
Fair enough. I'm new to the discussion. I'll search the archives. Thank you.

Registered
One possible reason others haven鈥檛 鈥渟hared鈥 their numbers might be due to the fact that without perspective your numbers become meaningless. Many people choose to cruise on larger boats, bigger than a 41 foot Hunter, or on a relatively new boat and outside the confinements of the US Inter Coastal Waterway.

Perhaps if someone reading your threads wishes to emulate your lifestyle, of course your numbers might have some relevance, but to others not so much.

Administrator
I don't add up my monthly spend in any way. It's too scary.
First it was just being lazy. Now I just don't care.
The only technique I have for budget control is grumpiness. When I need to pull out my wallet I get GRUMPY 馃槨
And I let everyone know it 馃摙 馃摚馃摙馃摚馃摙馃摚馃槨馃摙馃摚馃摙馃摚馃槨馃摙馃摚馃摙馃摚馃槨

It works fine.

bell ringer
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
The richer you are the easier it MAY be.

21 - 33 of 33 Posts