SailNet Community banner

81 - 83 of 83 Posts

·
Registered
7,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #81
Most have tabs so you can switch between models. The heavy lifting is the government supported meteorological computor models. The windy, PredictWind and others are making a buck on selling you things you’ve already paid for with your taxes. Passage weather is at least honest about it and only asks for donations. Therefore it’s the only one I use now and do donate to them. They also have a good format and you can switch to low transfer rate which is very helpful offshore. Tried the low with predict wind and it didn’t work as well so no longer use it. Still it’s gribs and they can mislead you. For anything mission critical want to see charts and the 500 as well. Then go through what the weather router says and make a plan. Have disagreed with Chris on rare occasion. He tend to be very conservatively. That’s a real good thing in a weather router and wouldn’t want him to change. Stormy is less conservative and sometimes wait for Chris’s take before leaving.
Chris is free on SSB but I pay for an annual subscription and feel it’s well worth it even when doing the east coast. Makes more sense to pay for that then buy rehashed government information with no value added from the grib services.

·
Registered
4,517 Posts
My recent post was in response to another post that no longer seems to exist, so it appears a non-sequitur with no context.

Not sure what happened to the other post - there was nothing controversial about it.

Mark

·
Registered
18 Posts
Well, looks like this prediction came true.

“The National Hurricane Center — for only the second time ever — has resorted to using the Greek alphabet this hurricane season after running out of traditional names in a year that continues to smash records.”

“On Friday, Subtropical Storm Alpha came to life ... Then Beta formed in the Gulf a few hours later.”

81 - 83 of 83 Posts