SailNet Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've joined two forums recently, and only did an intro on the one. So here goes... we've had our 1984 Endeavour 40 for about 7 years now and sailing in a limited area of the Chesapeake (limited by our choice) while we got into the ups & downs of owning a large vessel, with many old systems which we tried to learn and work with over the years. There have been a bunch of great times, a handful of scary times. The best part is we're still together this lady and me, oh and we still have the boat and like to sail her too. Meanwhile, our dreams get bigger, and so we begin the journey of selling this vessel and looking for something that already has the things we want installed rather than the route of installation. The endgame is more sailing! With friends!

:2 boat:

Attachments

·
Registered
21,765 Posts
Welcome aboard. Many members here are based on the Chessy.

·
Administrator
9,049 Posts
So I've joined two forums recently, and only did an intro on the one. So here goes... we've had our 1984 Endeavour 40 for about 7 years now and sailing in a limited area of the Chesapeake (limited by our choice) while we got into the ups & downs of owning a large vessel, with many old systems which we tried to learn and work with over the years. There have been a bunch of great times, a handful of scary times. The best part is we're still together this lady and me, oh and we still have the boat and like to sail her too. Meanwhile, our dreams get bigger, and so we begin the journey of selling this vessel and looking for something that already has the things we want installed rather than the route of installation. The endgame is more sailing! With friends!

:2 boat:
Welcome to SailNet, and welcome to sailing on the Chesapeake. My mother owned an Endeavour 40 hull number #2 that she had built back in the 1980's. Mom really liked that boat. They lived aboard and cruised pretty extensively around Florida and the Bahamas. I think that the picture of your Endeavour may have been taken near my house on Mill Creek.

Jeff

Reactions: GlanRock

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi Jeff_H,

Yes, that picture was taken during our very first overnight stay on Elysian in Mill Creek in August of...2013?! What a beautiful area! We puttered around on the dink for a bit then up to Cantler's for crab cakes I believe. It ended up drizzling rain on us, she got warm below decks, and we slept inside the full enclosure. We are actually planning on heading back down there likely this spring/summer/fall to do it again if our purchase of a new vessel goes through.

Thank you so much for the welcome! I would have replied earlier, but it seems I was visiting the forums without signing in and did not realize someone replied to me.

John

·
Administrator
9,049 Posts
You probably were anchored in sight of my house. I live on Martin's Cove off Mill Creek and look across the creek towards the tip of the peninsula where Cantlers is located.

Good luck with your new boat deal.

Jeff

1 - 6 of 6 Posts