SailNet Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
I'd rather be sailing
1,903 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have more pictures and blog posts up, plus I did a big long post on "Communications in the Bahamas" talking about what to expect for Internet and phone service down here. We should have more pics of the Family Island Regatta here in Georgetown soon, and I'm hoping to get another video up soon too. I'm heading to the states for 5 days on Tuesday so I should have time during my 12 hours of flying (Georgetown to Eleuthera to Nassau to Washington DC to Albany, NY) to work on the video.

Anyway, thanks for sticking with us... blog is at s/v Pelican - Following A Dream.

Chris

·
Registered
5,491 Posts
Labatt, you are getting close to my friends Lynn and Ken in Silverheels III, a Niagara 35. Their blog is here:

Regatta Time is Over | The Voyages of s/v Silverheels III

Ken's a recently retired electronics tech, an active HAM/SSBer and a very nice fellow. Lynn is a sports therapist and may be the strongest woman I've ever met. They were at the same regatta as you, I believe. Say hello for me if you see them...they're good people.

·
Super Fuzzy Moderator
17,137 Posts
LaBatt and Valiente....two of my favourite bloggers.

ps - Nice old boat the Niagara.

·
I'd rather be sailing
1,903 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Valiente - I've heard Silverheels 3 quite a bit around here. I'm leaving for the US for a few days tomorrow, but I'll have my wife shout out to them on the radio and say hello. Any message you want us to pass along?

Thanks TDW for the kudos on the blog :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts