SailNet Community banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,833 Posts
KHANNNNNNNNN. NOOOOOOOOOOOO. [picture me looking like William Shatner yelling right now.].

·
Registered
1,033 Posts

·
Registered
5,979 Posts

·
Registered
1,833 Posts
I actually like Myer's better (my wife laughs that I will get a bottle out from the liquor cabinet, uncap it, smell it, and then put it back :), it just reminds me of being in the islands). But, for years, it was a custom to keep a bottle of Mount Gay on my boat for emergencies. :D

·
Registered
778 Posts
for years, it was a custom to keep a bottle of Mount Gay on my boat for emergencies. :D
I like Pusser's for emergencies. The alcohol content is fairly high so it's good for disinfection, and the taste is strong enough to stand up to being mixed. And why not support the British Navy Sailors Fund?

Another good rum for disinfection, ha ha, is Wray and Nephew:

I digress. is there a rum discussion thread here at S'net?

·
Registered
4,181 Posts
I seem to be obtuse today. What do you mean?
It's a joke. Sometimes industry changes names of their product because of potentially negative connotations of a given word. For example, when 'rapeseed oil' became 'canola oil', sales picked up very dramatically, basically saving the industry.

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
I like Pusser's for emergencies. The alcohol content is fairly high so it's good for disinfection, and the taste is strong enough to stand up to being mixed. And why not support the British Navy Sailors Fund?

Another good rum for disinfection, ha ha, is Wray and Nephew:

I digress. is there a rum discussion thread here at S'net?
http://www.sailnet.com/forums/provisioning/41155-rum-enjoyment.html

... though it *is* called rum "enjoyment", not "discussion" -- don't think I'd enjoy using rum as disinfectant, for a couple of reasons. :)

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
My favorite (and very local) 'rum':
O Joy! White Lightnin' --- kick-a** beverage, disinfectant and high-octane motor fuel, all in one.

F.Y.I. --- I do unbiased comprehensive taste-tests at no charge.

"God's Own Drunk" ---

Buckley:

Buffett:

·
Master Mariner
8,977 Posts
The end of an era for sailors in the Caribbean. Mount Goofy has been a staple in the Eastern Antilles, since long before I arrived here in 1978.
A nice drop, not the best, but a nice drop all the same. I for one, shall miss it.

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
The end of an era for sailors in the Caribbean. Mount Goofy has been a staple in the Eastern Antilles, since long before I arrived here in 1978.
A nice drop, not the best, but a nice drop all the same. I for one, shall miss it.
Don't give up the ship yet, the fat lady hasn't sung. There's a lot of money to be made from those cane squeezings, and unless all the parties involved are brain-dead morons, they should be able to work something out.

·
Registered
7,220 Posts
What will they do with all the hats????? Mine are ratty and old - need new ones. Waaaaaaa

·
Banned
17,467 Posts
Mount. Gay. Huh, huh, snicker, snicker, huh, huh. "Hey Beavis, 'Mount gay!'" Snicker, snicker.
So, will it now be branded **** Hill? Or LGBT Bluff? Or Long Time Partner Incline? Or maybe Straight Plain?

It is a mildly divisive moniker in these days and times.

I'll stick with Kraken.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts