SailNet Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. I am looking at purchasing a sailboat from the East coast of Florida. This boat needs a lot of cosmetic work and I'm lookng for a place to store it on the hard where I can work on it myself. Can anyone suggest such a place at reasonable monthly charges. Doesn't matter where but somewhere in Florida as the boat has to be removed from where it is. Thanks

·
Registered
66 Posts
I would look at places near Titusville or Canaveral Florida. A few places there were boats can be worked on.

Good Luck Sachemgfp

·
Shanachie, Bristol 30
70 Posts
Florida is a very big place to say "anywhere." You could be talking 300-400 miles.

On the east coast, Playboy Marine in Fort Lauderdale is a very reasonable DIY yard that is close to Sailorman and a bunch of other chandleries for when you need a quick part. The rates are on its web site.

On the Okeechobee Waterway, there is a boatyard on the way to Ft. Myers that is extremely reasonable, albeit kind of far away from civilization.

Not many decent DIY yards on the west coast, where I live.

·
Registered
49 Posts
You might consider Riviera Marina in Punta Gorda........ Very cheap but a bit "junky" However, there are new owners and they are starting to clean the place up and a lot easier to deal with than the old guy who used to run the place

1 - 4 of 4 Posts