SailNet Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had heard you can record sonar logs and submit to be added to maps. I had tried submitting previously but there was a problem with the format. Just found out that Navionics now accepts multiple formats of sonar logs as contributions to SonarCharts™. This includes Humminbird (DAT and GPX on all models, ION and Onix compatible within summer), Lowrance (GPX), Raymarine (SDF, GPX, NMEA), Simrad (GPX), and Garmin (ADM).

Anyone had any experience with this?

·
Registered
178 Posts
I have no experience related to your question, but are you referring to protocols for TeamSurv, or is Navionics a completely different system?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Navionics is different - it is a closed system so you are just proiding data for Navionics to use updating their charts. With TeamSurv (of which I am a part) we make the data available to all.
Tim

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Anybody can get the Navionics charts as well. Everyone in our boating community uses it. That's why we try to share our logs so we can all benefit from each other.
Also, the new navionics app comes with free government maps.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Everyone who chooses to use a Navionics based chart plotter or their app, and the chart plotter is recent enough to support the Navionics user data, and they subscribe to Navionics+ or Freshest Data, can use Navionics Sonar charts is the full answer.

For TeamSurv, you just have to register on the web site before making any downloads.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts