SailNet Community banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Captain John
459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I still have the question to ask, I know this might start something so Sorry In advance!

Why is it that everywhere you go there is always a Monohull, like at boat shows, or on TV when they are talking about sailing in general why is it that they never talk about Multihulls! They all talk about how much heal is in sailing but they never talk about the other side of the sailing world! I always say why sail slow when you can sail fast? Life is to short! Can someone clear this up for me, i don't care what boat show you go to if there is a Monohull there should be a Multihull! The consumer is so miss-lead, don't get me wrong the heal is a thrill, but speed is better!;)

·
Captain John
459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Quorning and M&M both make a nice boat... the GB66 is wicked fast but costs two arms and a leg. The Quorning DF1200 is a nice boat, and only costs a leg. :)
SailingDog.

You really know your boats, i will never know them like you do! Thanks for all that, but still i think its not right that all you hear about is monohulls.;)

·
Captain John
459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have sailed on a F24 and a 27, 28, I really like the whole design of these boats. This is what i grew up on, ABBOTT 33 - SAILBOAT PORTAL (specs. English)

Since we could not stand up on this boat, and the beam was not even 9 ft. Maybe this is why I like the design of the F-Boat! I would like to sail on other multihulls but its hard to do when you do not know anyone, that has one.. I would love to have GUNBOAT, those are so nice looking!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.