SailNet Community banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,825 Posts
My first ride on a multi was a small Hobie. My friend didn't have much in the way of sailing skills. We were just trying to keep the mast pointed towards the sky:eek: , but we had a great time. That was over 35 years ago.

Zip forward to 92, and I was getting ready to leave S.F. on my 30ft. mono. I took several day sails on Adventure Cat. A 55ft steel day sailor. I had gone several times, and the owner let me drive the boat down the city front, and across S.F. Bay. We had small rooster tails off the sterns at 18 1/2 knots:eek: . I looked at the owner, and told him that when I grow up I am going to get me a cat. I said it jokingly, but it ended up true.

Anybody who sails on a good sailing multi will always appreciate the experience. I have never experienced a problem with getting a berth, or been charged more for the fact of my width. I am part Hawaiian, so I have to be a wee bit prejudice....;) ...i2f

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.