SailNet Community banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
361 Posts
Sailingdog, thanks! Many, many thanks. Multi vs. mono is the ever-returning debate, and it is so nice to see a post that balances and (almost) exhausts the issue from the outset, it saves so much time. If I hesitated for a moment, it was at your statement "The Quorning DF1200 is a nice boat, and only costs a leg." All I can say is, you must have very expensive legs! I travelled all the way to Antibes (France) to view a second-hand DF1200, and it was beautiful, but at more than $650,000 for 40 feet of narrow space I now call it my lucky escape that someone bought it first.

Monos do not dominate all sailing shows, it is location-specific. In the end, choices seem to come down to sailing area, i.e. winds, ports and possibly temperatures.

Perhaps the most common stupid argument is that "they" are faster than "them." The gaps are so huge between a racing tri and what you can get for cruising, and an Open 60 compared with your long-keeler, that you might as sensibly buy a Honda sedan because you heard the Honda F1 wins races.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.