SailNet Community banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have this really sweet Evinrude 4hp motor. 2 stroke 2 cycle. Model 4636M form 1976. The other day I was cruising into Clipper Cove and the motor started having a weird putter to it. Right before I landed the motor turned off with a "clunk". Now the pull start won't rotate the rewind starter/magneto cover. I can rotate the in reverse and when the pullstart gets it back to that certain point it won't go past it. But up until that point I can tell that I am getting spark and compression....Just not enough to get it going. what got stuck..or broke?

·
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
there's definitely nothing obstructing the flywheel. how do i eve take that off to look under it? and what do you think it would cost me to replace a rod? do you think any shop manual would show me how to do it?

·
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'm thinking something is blocking the flywheel. Before the big clunk at the end it sounded like someone had a put a baseball card in your bicycle spokes and there was that puttering. I'm guessing something is blocking the flywheel. I'll try tonight.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.