SailNet Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I normally don't watch television (except for Breaking Bad and Dexter, and now since they are both off the air, I'm on the Sopranos..that's it) especially reality shows (topic for another thread), but my wife told me that The Amazing Race was in Abu Dhabi. Since we live there, of course I'm interested. I can't stand these shows because the people are all so darn annoying, but I'm doing some work when my wife screams, "They're going to Al Bandar Marina!" That's where we keep our little 16 foot Topper Dinghy! It's only for a few minutes because they hop on huge motorboats and head over to the marina at Yas Island. I stopped it every time they showed my marina, but you can't see my boat because it was out of the water this summer (that's when I bought it). Right now there are only 2 sailboats anyway. Then, the next episode is when they go to the city of Al Ain...that's where we live!
Pretty cool, I think.

Here's the link to the episode in Abu Dhabi. My marina is mentioned around the 21:00 mark--

Sorry, but this is probably the only place I can brag about that to people who might actually be interested...

Mike

PS: Is it slightly oxymoronic to say I hate reality television and then brag when my marina is on one?

·
Registered
1,033 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
I know exactly what you mean. Our new to us boat was actually on a television show called Shipwreck Men. Although it was shot before we owned the boat, I was just as excited to see it.

Attachments

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
How cool is it to see your boat on the tube? I wish mine was, but it would have been dwarfed by the 80 foot 'Nouf' parked right in front of it...

By the way, jim...how did you know I live in Al Ain? I think I was back in the States when they filmed here in August. The UAE in August is not where you want to be....

Mike

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
How cool is it to see your boat on the tube? I wish mine was, but it would have been dwarfed by the 80 foot 'Nouf' parked right in front of it...

By the way, jim...how did you know I live in Al Ain?
I think I was back in the States when they filmed here in August. The UAE in August is not where you want to be....

Mike
I'm not Jim, but you mention living in Al Ain near the end of your first post.

Happy New Year! :)

Gary

1 - 7 of 7 Posts