SailNet Community banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
995 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
That's right. I am gonna make a million off of this one. We will sell it at sailnet soon... I just know it.

I am typing it up here so that when Sailaway or Cam try to steal it and market it for their own, I can claim first rights here. Gotta watch out for that sneaky little Pollard too, just so everyone knows.

So here it is:

We were sailing back in a couple of weekends ago, and as usual, I had some sausage on the barbie. Generally I know better, but this time I opened up the top and plop - the little bugger rolled right out and into the drink. THen, a light went off - a self-leveling grill.

You could use a self-leveling radar mount (the expensive hydraulic kind... don't be a cheapskate like Sailingdog). Mount that baby onto the rail. Then mount the grill onto that.

Now, you laugh... but wouldn't that be cool!?? It would be a grill for any tack. Hey... that's what I will name it: A Grill For Any Tack! Maybe on the stbd side, a self-levelling cooler too!?? Wow! That's two million dollar ideas in one day.

So if anyone else has a million dollar idea, post it here. That way you can have FULL credit.

- CD

PS Giu - I will make one out of carbon fiber and send it to your wife. She will like it. Hopefully she is the one that does the bills too.

·
NON member
544 Posts
Brian...
Not to rain on your $1,000,000 parade, but wouldn't it be a lot easier/cheaper to use sausage patties?!?!
:)
Paul

·
██▓▓▒▒░&
13,645 Posts
CD, you really need to get out more. There are "fish baskets" and similar devices with different names sold in all kinds of cooking stores. Two wire grills with a hinge on the far side, two wire handles on the near side. You open the handles, put the food in between the griils, close the handles, voila, you've got "captive food" that can be cooked over an open fire without any other grill at all. Or, put on the barby so the food can't roll off, either.

One fish basket, one propane torch, who needs a barby at all? Lighter is faster. Now...for the serious sailor, I'm gonna start making fish baskets out of titanium. (VBG)

·
SaltwaterSuzi/CapnLarry
609 Posts
Million Dollar Ideas:

1. Water Soluble Bikinis
2. Wind Generators which actually generate wind
3. Beer chilling straws
4. Any device which would self-repair
5. Rainy day conversion kit

Reality is for people with no imagination.

·
Registered
995 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I knew it... mention the words 'Million Dollar Idea' and Hello would be on that thread like Sailingdog to a soldering Iron.

Now, back to the subject, give me a break! No self respecting griller would stick his sausage in a fish basket (hmm... not sure that sounds right). THen you got all those lines going everywhere. Presentation, Hello, presentation. Where is T37 when I need him?? (probably trying to get a patent on my idea, that's where).

This stuff is NASA level stuff, complete with the price tag to prove it! Tell me you can't see it, eh? Tell me!

- CD

·
Registered
5,680 Posts
Million dollar ideas?!

Haven't you been reading the news?

It all about trillion dollars nowadays, baby. Million is just lame chump change.
:D :D

P.S. We have a ritual where at least one braut or sausage must be sacrificed overboard from the grill each time we use it, to appease the gods. Not sure I'd want to tempt the fates by gimballing the grill.

P.S. Good lord CD, I'm seriously tempted to "moderate" that content above.

·
Sea Dweeb
143 Posts
CD - Why stop there. Why not make a gyro stabilized grill? The added benefit being that it could be sold not only to the pleasure vessel market but to the government as well. Think of the reward you could reap on such a device from a customer that would pay $1148 for a toilet seat. The Gyro-Matic-1500 could be marketed to the Navy for at least 1.2 million each.
Stop thinking small!

·
Registered
4,503 Posts
Are we talking about really good Italian sausage?

·
Registered
995 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
P.S. Good lord CD, I'm seriously tempted to "moderate" that content above.
You think we are going to have a sharp membership falloff?? HEHE! I guess I could move it to Anything Sailing!!!

Besides, it was getting awfully quiet in here today. I thought we could use a a few laughs!! It's not every day you see a Trillion Dollars dissapear. Well, maybe it is, but that's not the point!

- CD

·
Registered
995 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
CD - Why stop there. Why not make a gyro stabilized grill? The added benefit being that it could be sold not only to the pleasure vessel market but to the government as well. Think of the reward you could reap on such a device from a customer that would pay $1148 for a toilet seat. The Gyro-Matic-1500 could be marketed to the Navy for at least 1.2 million each.
Stop thinking small!
Hmmm... I was getting a bit jealous today when I heard that the astronauts unveiled a solar panel bigger than mine on the Space Station. I feel kinda second best, now. Maybe we oughta up the ante?

- CD

·
Registered
339 Posts
Well CD, I think it's an Excellent idea! as a matter of fact, put me down for one.:)

Why is it, every time you come up with a killer idea, there is a line down the block and around the corner telling you it's crap?:p

what's the quote?....something like..."Don't knock my idea till you can show me the broken pieces of yours that didn't work?":D

·
Registered
4,647 Posts
A roller furling main with full roach and battens. (not those vertical ones either)

·
Telstar 28
993 Posts
CD—

Your idea would only sell to Catalina owners... I don't need a self-leveling BBQ grill, mine works just fine attached to the stern rail as it is... Of course, my boat doesn't heel at 20˚ like yours does... :)

·
SaltwaterSuzi/CapnLarry
609 Posts
Quote:
<table width="100%" border="0" cellpadding="4" cellspacing="0"> <tbody><tr> <td class="alt2" style="border: 1px inset ;"> Originally Posted by LarryandSusanMacDonald
Million Dollar Ideas:

1. Water Soluble Bikinis

Reality is for people with no imagination.

</td> </tr> </tbody></table>
Good news Larry... they have already been invented. Just add water and she's yours.

PS - I heard Giu has her phone number.

:pukeTHERE IS NOT ENOUGH RUM IN THE WORLD...

Good God, Man, you put me off my dinner.:laugher

·
Registered
995 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Well CD, I think it's an Excellent idea! as a matter of fact, put me down for one.:)

Why is it, every time you come up with a killer idea, there is a line down the block and around the corner telling you it's crap?:p

what's the quote?....something like..."Don't knock my idea till you can show me the broken pieces of yours that didn't work?":D
Hey... what can I tell ya? These sailors are nothing but a bunch of critics. I bet they laughed at the guy who thought about roller furlings too! And laughed at the guy that talked about making boats out of fiberglass! And laughed at the guy that broke his carbon fiber boom when he over-powered it with a Catalina Mainsail!!! Critics, I tell ya!

- CD

·
Registered
339 Posts
Here's a freebie for ya CD...Okay, I would accept a 10% royalty....

a double walled suction device (sorta like two commode plungers one larger and sitting over the other) to fit over thru hulls for when you want to change a valve on the inside of the boat without hauling out.

You're welcome..........Like I say...10% is fine.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts