SailNet Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I haven't posted anything on here in a while. Mostly I am just lurker on here anymore. But I thought I would take this opportunity to share my blog. I quit my job 5 months ago to take some time off to do some traveling. I figured I would just look at crew postings until something interesting came up. After getting nowhere responding to posts I decided to just do the traditional backpacking experience. I spent the firt part of the summer mountain biking/exploring the southwest. I spent 10 days in Canada and now I am on a month long trek through Spain. My original intent was to have a sailing blog, but I suppose it now falls into the category of a travel blog. If anyone knows anyone in Spain that would take me sailing let me know...my schedule is very flexbile. :D

Anyway, check it out and let me know what you think.

sailoverthehorizon.com

·
Banned
325 Posts
Cool blog. I like it. Most of us here have other lives also, beside sailing. Started my blog with a canoe trip. I take it your still pretty young. Not to be a downer but when you get the wife, kids and mortgage thing going, these days will be memories. Good memories! Enjoy.

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am actually 37 years old. I guess I a living my early 20s in my late thirties. The wife and kids didn't come along like I thought that they would so I am able to take off and do this.

·
Registered
4,692 Posts
Mark, I picked up berths in Palma, Alicanti Tangiers. and especially Gib.for long passages. A while ago but the water still starts at the shore. And by the way you young whippersnippers should stay clear of the drugs .

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am not even making a serious effort to find a berth at this point. The winter I will wind up in Florida and I might try to find something then. Or I may have enough of traveling and decide to put down roots again.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts