SailNet Community banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Deep Blue Crush
Elan Impression 394
176 Posts
Reaction score
What break Bob, you need no breaks, they are really great drawings. Its very nice that you still have them.
See, a door closes, another one always opens. From the school band you ended up doing something that you loved, drawing, and how from there everything ended up to be a domino effect.
Enjoyed reading your post.

· Deep Blue Crush
Elan Impression 394
176 Posts
Reaction score
No doors would be opening or closing in any yacht I designed.:)
WGEwald, so many meanings on that sentence. :) Maybe they are submarines. But hey, no doors means it can just capsize over and over and over. :) Roll it like a ball. Might be a safe design for me!
I don't get afraid of the sailboat heeling too much, on the contrary I get all excited about it actually, but the capsize thing does scare me (the lasers were easy to just get back on track).
I wonder how "easy" an unexperienced "sailor" can capsize a 29, or 30, or 32 foot sailboat.

Ok, I am officially proud of myself today, I wrote "boat heeling" and not "boat tilting". I am speaking boat language!

· Deep Blue Crush
Elan Impression 394
176 Posts
Reaction score
Paikea:
If you are talking about a "normal", ballasted 30' keel boat with reasonably healthy design characteristics it would take a real pro to "capsize " it in anything short of a full gale with breaking seas and too much sail up.

Tilting was OK.
Thank you Bob. Yes, I was talking about a normal 30' sailboat. That sure makes me feel better to hear that it would take a pro for that. :)

Btw, I just received your book today. I am very much looking forward to cuddle on the couch tonight with Jack (my little cookie dog) and enjoy it over a nice cup of tea. I was told that is a must read for anyone in the market to buy a sailboat.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.