SailNet Community banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everybody,

My website is finally up! It took a year and a half to get it there, but finally got it done.

It is filled with destinations and reviews on places we have been, with more coming everyday. Click on 'Travels, Places, Reviews' and it will lead you to many of the places we have been from Pensacola to the Keys. Key West will be up this week, as I hope a few others will too. THere is also directions to get into some of the tricky anchorages and things to see around the various areas. I separated it into sections, so clicking on Tampa Bay, for instance, will show you many different links and destinations inside of there (Emerson Point, Beer Can Island, etc).

There is NOTHING commercial about my site (yet). I am a writer and will start putting my books out there at some point in the future, but have one that needs the editing completed and another (The Guide to Living Aboard and Raising Children Afloat) that is not quite done yet. I have cleared all of this with the ownership and the mods before posting and they are all fine with it. When I do start selling books, I will take out an ad like everyone else.

The site is not perfect. It is a LOT of information, and after being urged by my wife and several friends, we decided it was best to have something out there that wasn't perfect than nothing at all. So, let me know where the screw-ups are and what you think of it.

I will keep working on it and hope to keep improving. Thanks for taking a look!

Site: Home Page

Also, my new blogspot is: Cruisingdad sets sail...

Brian

·
Old as Dirt!
3,486 Posts
Very nice Brian, but you need to get a few more snaps of your (Much) Better Half out there old son!

Reactions: Cruisingdad

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
Bookmarked and I believe I'll be following you a bit closer than the Bumfuzzles.

Reactions: Cruisingdad

·
Registered
376 Posts
On the Travel guide/Cabbage Key section, that's my dollar hanging way down above your wife's head. and the Cayo Casta beach shot is where I scattered my dads ashes. No really.

·
Captain Obvious
2,338 Posts
Good stuff. And there is a lot there. I scratched the surface, but I plan on coming back over the weekend and delving deeper.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
On the Travel guide/Cabbage Key section, that's my dollar hanging way down above your wife's head. and the Cayo Casta beach shot is where I scattered my dads ashes. No really.
Wow!

Yep, we have a few dollars waiving on the walls there ourselves.

Brian

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Good stuff. And there is a lot there. I scratched the surface, but I plan on coming back over the weekend and delving deeper.
I will keep updating them too. Hope to have Key West up this weekend. Also have Marathon City Marina and Sombrero Resort coming.

In the next couple of weeks, will have Looe Key, Bahia Honda, and Rodriguez Key. Rodriguez is a very popular jump-off point for the Bahamas. It is also surrounded by the dry rocks and Molasses Reef (good diving and snorkeling).

Brian

·
Glad I found Sailnet
3,842 Posts
Perfect timing. Your words and pictures are pulling me southward like an invisible Rum and Snorkle Gravity.

(Scientists at supercolliders everywhere are searching for the rare RSG particle, which has an unknown force similar to gravity that exerts a pull not diminish by distance, but that travels seemingly along the lines of digital communications and sailing forums…)

Regards,
Brad

1 - 20 of 31 Posts