SailNet Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased a 1972 Morgan 30. It had new windows installed at some point. I have searched everywhere to try to find replacement hinges and have had no luck:confused: I would describe them as clamp and ball style? The knobs say Taylor Made but I can't find anything on their website or replacement parts lists. Thanks in advance for the help!

Attachments

·
Tartan 27' owner
5,241 Posts
Welcome to Sailnut!

Hmmm.
Taylor Made?
I think they are still in business, as you know.
You might have to download their full 2014 catalog to find what you are looking for.

I believe that this company has a good reputation for standing behind their dock fenders. Worth a phone call maybe.

That port looks pretty good in the photo. Functionality is key though.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply, I looked through their catalog and could not find anything. They only had products from 1990-present so maybe they are older than that. I will try sending them a picture of the hinges tomorrow. Thanks again!

·
Master Mariner
9,004 Posts
Last year I had a Taylor Made product that I wanted a few more of. I even had the packaging, so there was no doubt that it was their product. I contacted them by email and though no one at the company could remember the product, they tried to help me. Ended up being an item they haven't made in many years, but they were very nice.
Try emailing them.

·
Singlehander by Default
161 Posts
I've had some luck in the past in finding obscure parts through McMaster-Carr. They seem to have a lot of things yoiu can't find anywhere else. You may be able to find areasonable replacemetn there. They have an estensive website.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the replies. Taylor Made got back to me and they have the hinges. The only problem is that they charge a $25 handling fee on all orders + shipping. That seems a bit rediculous to me especially since the hinges are already $10 each and are obviously prone to breaking.

·
Registered
778 Posts
If, as you say, the hinges are prone to break, and the handling fee is for each order, it would be prudent to order extra hinges and catch-all to a single handling fee

1 - 7 of 7 Posts