SailNet Community banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Read Only
87,689 Posts
Reaction score
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I'm relatively new to all of this. My husband and I bought a 23.5' Hunter a couple of years ago and sailed a little on a small inland lake with it. We just finished sailing school and are excited about the upcoming sailing season. I've been thinking about it for sometime and decided it's time to name her. I've done my research on de-naming and renaming ceremonies. What I'm unsure of is the fact that, to my knowledge, this boat was never named. If it was, there was no record of it. How, then should I proceed? Should I just name her or do I still have to perform some sort of de-naming ceremony? Please help, I don't want jinxed before we even begin. Thanks

· Read Only
87,689 Posts
Reaction score
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thank you

Thank you for all the great advice. It seems that I was correct in my thoughts to skip the de-naming ceremony since I could not find any previous name. If I can't find any name, I'm sure the gods won't mind if I just go ahead and name her "Better Days".
Thanks again, all.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.