SailNet Community banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Sailing Chance
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just inherited this from a friend. He didnt have manuals or instructions. Does anyone here happen to have? I would really appreciate it. He used it as a back up so it wasnt installed and I need to see how it all works.

Thanks!

·
Sailing Chance
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
scratch that - I just found the manual from another forum. What I need to know now is if there a separate control unit from the computer or a remote? The instructions dont really show all the parts and I want to be sure I have everything. I have the Wheel, motor, belt, power, etc. and a computer. But there is no way to enter course headings - at least not the I can see. Thoughts?

·
Super Fuzzy Moderator
17,136 Posts
scratch that - I just found the manual from another forum. What I need to know now is if there a separate control unit from the computer or a remote? The instructions dont really show all the parts and I want to be sure I have everything. I have the Wheel, motor, belt, power, etc. and a computer. But there is no way to enter course headings - at least not the I can see. Thoughts?
Our old boat had a WP5000 when we first bought her. If you have the basic model then the controller is a simple three button job - set, steer starboard, steer port. All you can do is get the boat onto the required course and hit set. There is no specific course computer as such.

I believe that originally there was a vane option for course by wind and a more sophisticated controller the H-5000.

·
Registered
11 Posts
HI! I was wondering if you still have your wp5000 and using it?? I'm in need of parts if your not using it? Please let me know either way. Thanks Rob:)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts