SailNet Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

I came across an ebook from Amazon about Navigating with an iPhone or iPad. It will be free from today until 24 December.
I hope it will be as useful as it was for me. I am anxiously waiting for the Android chapter.

You can look for this book on Amazon and its title is Sailing with iPhone and iPad (Smartphones and Tablets on board)

·
Registered
23,889 Posts
Why do I get the feeling the OP is the author?

Anyway, welcome aboard.

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Why do I get the feeling the OP is the author?
You're a cynic?...or experienced in cyber-marketing? Mind you, I'm not saying you're wrong. :)

·
Registered
5,483 Posts
Such irony…. "Sailing with iPhone and iPad" …. available only for Kindle. :laugher
There's a Kindle app for iPhone and iPad.

Reactions: DJR351

·
Registered
23,889 Posts
You're a cynic?...or experienced in cyber-marketing? Mind you, I'm not saying you're wrong. :)
Definitely not experienced in cyber marketing, but wouldn't be the first time I was properly accused of being a cynic. :)

Maybe a bit of a sleuth? I looked on Amazon for it, which does not say there is an expiration date for being free. The OP seemed to have some inside knowledge and didn't just "come across" the book. Clicking on the author showed that she is from Argentina and the OP used the more common international date configuration of using the day before the month.

At the least, I was close. I may even still be right. Or, the OP could be the author's twin sister, Miriam. :D

·
Administrator
5,921 Posts
The original post was not made from Argentina if that helps any.

Minnewaska, do you have concerns about the posting?

·
Registered
23,889 Posts
The original post was not made from Argentina if that helps any.

Minnewaska, do you have concerns about the posting?
Not really. However, I thought you might. A first post from a new member that is pitching a commercial product for an acquaintance seems outside the boundaries. Maybe not, if its temporarily free.

However, it doesn't bother me any. I just found it curious.

I did welcome them aboard. Your house, your rules, up to you if its a concern.

·
Administrator
5,921 Posts
OK. Just checking in case you saw something I missed.

We set up this sailing-related Apps and Authors section because it wasn't competing with the store, we figured it would be useful to the members and, probably ain't none of 'em going to get rich off of it.

Beyond this, spammers are still unwelcome and banned and our usual rules apply to commercial interests.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts