SailNet Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody have a recommendation for a good boat yard in Anacortes, Washington. I know there aren't too many to choose from but I'd like to hear if anyone has had good (or bad) experiences with any of them. Any comments would help.

·
Registered
7,298 Posts
Talk to Skip at "marine servicenter" and yes service center is spelled "servicenter" in the name.

I'm not positive, but I believe there is 2 maybe three places you can haul out in Anacortes. MSC is one.

Marty

·
Registered
42 Posts
If you are planning on doing the work yourself and the haulout fairly straightforward (ie: repaint, rezinc and splash) there is a 1/2 price special going on at the Boat Haven, Port of Port Townsend in Port Townsend.

I will be splashing tomorrow concluding a two week "slow walk haulout" (for us old folks) which included more than a simple paint and rezinc. My 32 ft boat RT Hoist for $109.05 with $43.20 for use of high pressure wash. Bring your own ground tarp or rent one from the Port for $40. Laydays are $.50 per foot for in my case $16.00 a day. Power free and although not officially authorized many stay on their boats while they are hauled out. Marina showers etc an easy walk as are all the necessities.

I'm bringing this to your attention because I have had one fellow from Bellingham and another from Anacortes (both larger commercial trollers) nearby and they sailed down for the 1/2 price deal.

Hope this helps,
Wiley

·
Courtney the Dancer
3,971 Posts
North Harbor Diesel is a good yard (they do everything, not just engines). Depends on what you are doing/having done, some yards are good at one thing and not at another.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Id avoid Marine Service Center in Anacortes. We had our bottom painted there earlier this year, and they did a horrible job.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts