SailNet Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Sailers, I`m wondering if there is someone that would be willing to sail a 38' Cabo Rico boat from Plan (A) Aruba to Florida or as far north as possible. Plan (B) Aruba to Costa Rica. I plan on taking a course first but would like a qualified person to teach me more on the trip. What would something like this cost me? I plan on eventually getting the boat to Whitby, Ontario, Canada by land. Does anyone know a good trucking company? Also, where is the best place to get it ashore for this? Any ideas or help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Telstar 28
43,289 Posts
What it sounds you are looking for is a delivery captain that will also act as a sailing instructor during the voyage.

When did you want to do this by? It is prime hurricane season right now, and crossing long distances in the Gulf of Mexico/Caribbean can be a real PITA.

As for trucking it, any major city in Florida should work. You really need to work the details out with the shipping company. Brownell Systems moves boats all over the east coast, and you could try them. They're located in Mattapoisett, MA.

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
Send me a private message here at SailNet. I might be interested but it would depend very much on when you need to do the passage. I have a USCG 50 ton license and have many offshore miles in Billy Ruff'n. I also have shipped a boat across the US by truck, so I could advise there as well.

Scott

·
Registered
49 Posts
Delivery Captain Here..

Hi Sailers, I`m wondering if there is someone that would be willing to sail a 38' Cabo Rico boat from Plan (A) Aruba to Florida or as far north as possible. Plan (B) Aruba to Costa Rica. I plan on taking a course first but would like a qualified person to teach me more on the trip. What would something like this cost me? I plan on eventually getting the boat to Whitby, Ontario, Canada by land. Does anyone know a good trucking company? Also, where is the best place to get it ashore for this? Any ideas or help would be greatly appreciated.
Hello,

I am familiar with the 38' Cabo Rico and I can sail this vessel for you as far as northern Florida. I am also very well versed with shipping or trucking the vessel to Canada as I have done this for many clients in the past. I am a USCG 50 Ton Licensed Master Captain with over 17 years of experience including eight years in the U.S. Coast Guard as a boarding officer and qualified coxswain. I have my towing and sailing endorsements with my license and work full time now as a qualified marine surveyor and delivery captain for my own company. Email me at: Suenos.Azules at yahoo dot com or send me a message through here. I am a non drinker and non smoker. I can go over rates and details once I hear from you.

Sincerely,

Captain John

·
Mirage32
26 Posts
Aruba to ?? Capatain required

If you are still looking, please send me a Sailnet private message, we can discuss further. I sail for the pleasure, not for the money...however, I'm not a certified captain, so if this is an insurance requirement...

20+ years sailing experience, 15 with my own boat; currently sail a 33 footer out of Toronto. Lots of coastal passages and coastal racing; 2 recent ocean passages of 6 days and 18 days on a 42 Island Packet (crew of 3) and 52' Nauticat (crew of 4). Currently looking for a one to two week passage opportunity for late fall or early 2011. May also be able recommend a fellow Canuck and sailing buddy who has tons of ocean experience, and has led charter fleets in Turkey.

Cheers and good luck!
Wayne - Toronto

·
Mirage32
26 Posts
Thanks for the PM. Here are a few more thoughts about sailing resources and strategies in the Toronto area that might be useful....

-Canadian Power Squadron (CPS) for general boating, navigation and radio courses

- Canadian Yachting Association for Keelboat courses.

- Associate membership at one of the many yacht clubs in the region to build up a sailing network; access racing opportunities (terrific training for all kinds of sailing!); and to tap into compatible crew who have passage experience and may want to participate in your delivery adventure.

-Lake Ontario racing series - possible crew opportunities next year on the 300nm race or one of the other LORC long distance races. Again, great prep for coastal passage making.

Onwards and outwards....!

·
Capt Rich
59 Posts
Hi, made that trip seval times, best route we have found is Aruba....DR.....thru Bahamas and finishing in Charleston to be eat route. At that point you can ship it or do short weekend jumps up the intercoastal to shorten shipping fees... USCG 50 ton husband and wife team that come for the price of 1. PM for more info

·
Registered
96 Posts
2 Female USCG Captains for price of one!!!

Why pay for one captain when you can get 2 experienced female captains who have done this trip. PM us for prices

1 - 8 of 8 Posts