Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I received this in my email inbox this morning from Capt. Harry:

Date: Wed, 18 Mar 2009 12:59:54 -0400 [11:59:54 AM CDT]
To: undisclosed-recipients:;
Subject: COME AND WORK ON MY SHIP
Headers: Show All Headers

Hello,

I am Capt. Allen Harry, 55 Years Old from (England) United Kingdom, I work with
Princess Patricia - Luxury Motor Yacht in United Kingdom,We are seeking applicants to
work on the new year-round UNITED KINGDOM flagged Passenger ship, Its a private own
yacht,The monthly salary will be 6500 Pound sterling every month, Accommodation will be
provided by the Company, I will like to know if you are interested in working on the ship.

I will be waiting to hear from you soonest

Capt Allen Harry
-------------------------------

Let me get this straight, they are going to pay me almost $108,000 US Dollars to work on this boat AND give me free room and board?

Where do I sign up?

·
Registered
3,070 Posts
You will be wearing whites and saying Yes Ma'am & Sir, as you serve them their drinks.
And you will be needing a UK license to work on them.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Anyone want to bet they'll ask you to send money to secure your berth. Sounds like those Nigerian scammers have come up with a new con.

P.S. Spelling, syntax, and grammatical errors are the usual give away.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Pounds Sterling???

I thought all of Europe was on the Euro...

I wonder how many farthings, shillings and crowns 6,500 pound Sterling adds up to?

silly me

·
Telstar 28
993 Posts
That's why the pay is so high...it's hazardous duty.
DrB failed to show you the rest of the email:

... you will be sharing your cabin with Sailaway21...

·
Registered
2,705 Posts
You will be wearing whites and saying Yes Ma'am & Sir, as you serve them their drinks.
And you will be needing a UK license to work on them.
Nah - you'll be sitting in the corner with long pointy hat on with a sign that says "Dunce" :p

Any ship like this that is legit will have a website. This one doesn't. So I'm with AlanBrown on this.

If you show an interest, get ready to share your income. Not the one they are going to give you, the one you have now.:)

·
I don't discuss my member
2,557 Posts
6500? They were only going to pay me 2500 in silver. :( bastards!

Oh, and my boat was called Princess Diana, search google, its a scam.

·
Registered
994 Posts
I am in communication with a Capt. Lawrence Derrick from the same motor yacht. I can't find a web site for the company. The only thing that turned up a google search was this forum.
I got a list of occupations needed for the ship and one of them is:
Nuclear Annalist............ $18,700
Why would a motor yacht need a nuclear annalist?
Sounds fishy to me but then again I am just a land lubber. I don't even have a passport but the captain assured me that their agency will help me in getting the necessary paperwork in order to work for aboard the ship.
I am going to pursue this but the first sign of them wanting money, ie scam, I am done with it.
The reason why I started getting emails in the first place is that I wanted to get to Hawaii and I thought that I could secure passage in exchange for work aboard a ship.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I am in communication with a Capt. Lawrence Derrick from the same motor yacht. I can't find a web site for the company. The only thing that turned up a google search was this forum.
I got a list of occupations needed for the ship and one of them is:
Nuclear Annalist............ $18,700
Why would a motor yacht need a nuclear annalist?
QUOTE]

I think there may be just one too many "N's" in the word after nuclear. Then perhaps it is a vessel researching alternate means of propulsion. :confused:

I wouldn't even waste the cost of an e-mail postage stamp...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts